We have on-site rigid and flexible video endoscopy systems for diagnostic workup and treatment of conditions benefiting from minimally invasive procedures or where an additional imaging modality is needed.
Endoscopic procedures are typically performed under anesthesia or heavy sedation. Our team will discuss with you in detail during case management if they feel endoscopy would benefit your pet’s case. Where appropriate for specific cases, we are able to offer the following endoscopic procedures:
- Flexible camera assessment of the stomach and upper intestine to assess for ulcers, tumours, foreign bodies and other lesions.
- Assessment for the esophagus for strictures, tears, masses and foreign materials.
- Evaluation of the colon and lower intestine for lesions and biopsy
- Rigid endoscope assessment of the nasal chambers to check for inhaled foreign bodies, fungal and bacterial rhinitis and certain types of tumour.
- Flexible endoscope evaluation of the upper airway to take samples and remove inhaled objects.
- Evaluation of the bladder and urinary tract to check for inflammation, take biopsies and relieve obstruction.
- Assessment of the ears, particularly when they are narrowed, inflamed or obstructed for some reason.
- Collection of tissue samples in a minimally invasive fashion for microscopic assessment and specific diagnosis of inflammatory conditions, tumours and immune diseases.
Foreign Body Retrieval
- Removal of objects from the stomach, intestine, airway and other tubular systems in a minimally invasive fashion. This technique allows us to remove some foreign bodies without surgical intervention – though this is not always feasible.